- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1/4 cup(s) (plus 2 Tbsp) cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 (1.5-lb) pork butt or shoulder, trimmed and cut into 3-in. pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 small green cabbage (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro
- 4 rolls, split
- Potato chips and pickles, for serving
- In a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker, whisk together the ketchup, sugar, chili, 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Add the pork and toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender and shreds easily, 7 to 8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high.
- Forty-five minutes before serving, in a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, remaining 2 Tbsp vinegar, 1 Tbsp water and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Core and thinly slice the cabbage, add it to the sour cream mixture and toss to coat. Let sit, tossing occasionally. Fold in the cilantro before serving.
- Using two forks, shred the pork into large pieces; gently toss in the cooking liquid. Fill the rolls with the pork and slaw. Serve with chips and pickles, if desired.